Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sarawak Style Steamed Fish




Salam all,

Today I just cooked a simple-to-be-prepared dish which I got from Edwonder , Sarawak Style Steamed Fish. Basically, steamed fish is very healthy yet delicious, but some people may not be so into it (like me n my hubby!) . Actually I'm not a big fan of steamed fish but sometimes I wanna cook something healthy too. Haha.. :p And after trying out this recipe, the taste was not bad as well.

So here it goes!

Ingredients :

1 fresh fish (my fish is huge, so I just used half of it)
2 red onions *
4 cloves of garlic *
1 inch of ginger *
1 stick of lemon grass *
Some concentrated tamarind juice (like Asam Jawa Xtra by Adabi)
Some white pepper
2 red chillies (sliced)
2 tbsp soy sauce
Anything for garnishing (I used tomato and celery...like always. Clearing them up from the refrigerator :p )

Method :

1) Grind all the ingredients marked with * well using mortar and pestle (lesung batu).

2) Marinate the fish with the concentrated tamarind juice (do not add any water).

3) Put the marinated fish into the container that you'll be using to steam it.

4) Scatter the ground ingredients on top of the fish together with sliced chillies. (if you want it to be extra spicy, just add some paddy chillies). Sprinkle some white pepper and pour in the soy sauce on top of the fish as well.

5) Cover your container before steaming it using aluminium foil. Steam it around 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment