Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ketam Masak Lemak Cili Api

My hubby modelling with the crabs.. LOL!

"Masak lemak cili api" is indeed very synonymous with crabs. Whenever I see crabs at the market, the first dish that I would be reminded of has always been "masak lemak cili api". Since I have 2 kgs of crab in the freezer, I wanted to prepare this meal because it has been quite long since I last had it.


And like always I'd love to share the recipe with everyone :)

Ingredients :

8 whole crabs (cut into 2 each)
3 sticks of lemon grass (bruised- partially crushed)
8 red onions *
4 cloves of garlic *
1 inch of ginger *
15 paddy chillies *
2 inches of turmeric *
1 box of Ayam Brand coconut milk
2 turmeric leaves (cut into 2 strips each)
2 slices of assam keping
2-3 cups of water
Some sugar and salt (as you like)
3 tbsp of cooking oil

Method :

1) Blend all the ingredients marked with * well.

2) Heat a saucepan and pour in the cooking oil. Stir fry the blended ingredients well.

3) Add the bruised lemon grass. Stir fry for a while.

4) Pour in the water and let it boil.

5) Add the coconut milk. Keep stirring.

6) Add in the turmeric leaves and assam keping.

7) Add in some sugar and salt.

8) When the taste is all balanced, add the crabs and let them cook well in the saucepan.

9) Now your "Ketam Masak Lemak Cili Api" is ready! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment