Monday, November 29, 2010

Spaghetti Bolognaise with Minced Chicken and Crab Ball




Salam all,

Spaghetti bolognaise has always been an all-time favourite for both my hubby and I. But I have never tried cooking it myself since I was afraid that it would taste weird. But yesterday my hubby asked me to cook spaghetti for him, and I had this thought, why wouldn't I give it a try? Who knows it might turn out good. Hence, we went to a nearby Giant Hypermart for grocery shopping.

Here's the outcome.. And I could put a smile on my face cause hubby complimented me for this :D And I can assure you that both the ingredients and methods are really, really simple.

The recipe (serving size : 2 persons)

Ingredients :

1/2 packet of minced chicken
1/2 bottle of Prego Traditional spaghetti sauce (397g bottle)
1/2 packet of spaghetti
1/2 of a big white onion (chopped)
2 garlics (chopped)
2 tomatoes (diced)
4 tbsp of chilli sauce
5 tbsp of tomato sauce
2 teaspoons of salt
6 crab balls (any kind of ball will do - up to you)
1 cup of water
3 tbsp of cooking oil

Method :

1) Boil the spaghetti for approximately 13 minutes (see the instruction at the back of the spaghetti's cover). Add 1 teaspoon of salt into the boiling water. Toss it.

2) Boil the crab ball for a while until it is cooked.

3) Heat the frying pan and the cooking oil. Then, fry the chopped onion and garlics together with the minced chicken.

4) Add Prego sauce, chilli sauce and tomato sauce. When the gravy looks a bit thick, pour in the water. Then, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the diced tomatoes as well.

5) Pour the well-cooked gravy into a bowl. Put the boiled crab ball on top of the spaghetti in each plate.

6) Garnish with anything you like (I just used celery since that was the only stuff I had for garnishing :P) Your spaghetti is now ready! Deliciously easy aite ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment